What is Google My Business?
“Google My Business” replaces “Google Places” where you can set up a local business listing on Google Maps to help you get found by your local customers when they are searching on Google for the products and services you offer.
What are the benefits of Google My Business?
Getting your company listed on Google My Business is Free of Charge and it gives you a range of benefits.
- Helps you show up on Google for your keywords when customers are searching for your product or services.
- Shows the location of your business on Google Maps.
- Lets you be in control of all the information displayed about your company on Google.
- Makes your Google+ profile stand out with more information when you connect your “Google My Business” page to your Google+ profile.
- Enables you to share updates on your Google business page and respond to customers who leave reviews on Google.
- Improves your ranking position on Google, especially when you have some positive customer reviews.
- Helps you to get ahead of your competitors who may not be listed.
10 Steps To Set Up A Google My Business Page
Before you follow these 10 steps you must have a Google Account.
- Go to http://google.com business and click on “Get on Google.”
- Login to Google or set up an account if you have not already done so.
- Click on the settings icon at the top right of the screen and click on create new page
- Now select your business type:
- Store front
- Service area
- Search for your company’s address in the search box where it says “Find My Business” (If this doesn’t find your business, click on where it says: “I correctly entered the name and address”
- Once the form shows up to add more information about your business, type in your Business name, Region, Street address, Post Town, Post/zip code, Business Phone number, Category. (You can only choose from a suggestion made by Google.). Then click on continue.
- Add areas that your business covers with exact distance covered from your business location.
- Before you can edit this business profile you will need to choose an option of how you want Google to contact you to verify that you are the business owner of this page. You get 2 options:
- Google will call you on your phone number right away and give you a verification code over the phone.
- Or if you’re not available to take a call you can choose the option to get Google to send you a verification code to your address by postcard.
- Once you have received the code, follow the steps indicated on the postcard, or go to http://google.com/verifymybusiness to enter the code.10.Once you are verified as the owner of your page, you can then start editing your business page. You can add a business logo to the profile photo, add more photos to the gallery, edit opening hours, add your website address and much more. I recommend that you fill out this business page as fully as possible as this will help your page to rank higher on Google search results and more customers will find your business.
If you want to learn more about how to set up a Google My Business page: Watch my video on how to set up Google My Business
If you have any questions or additional tips on Google My Business feel free to leave your comments below.